Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ben's 1 Year Check Up

A couple of days ago, Ben turned 13 months! He is such a fun kid. He is almost always in a good mood. He loves to laugh, smile, dance, walk, eat, play with brother and gibber jabber! He just makes me (and Michael and Jonathan) laugh!


I feel like a broken record when I describe Ben = he is easy, funny and fun to be with, but it is the truth! I decided that he is an accidental comedian! He is always doing things and then looking to see if we are laughing. And then he laughs and laughs. It is just a consistent joy to be around him. And when Jonathan and Ben both get going and making us laugh, it is side splitting!


I am really enjoying Ben at this age! He is becoming so independent. He is sleeping through the night (finally and knock on wood!). He is really good at walking. He is great at eating. He will eat anything thing you put in front of him. He hasn't met a stranger he didn't like. I can leave him in the church nursery without worrying he will cry the whole time (he did that a lot over the last few months). It is like we have hit a sweet spot, with not just Ben, but all of us and I am going to make it last as long as I can!!!


He is a bit of a dare "angel" though. He sure does give us a run for our money. He is always falling, tripping, climbing or slamming into something. He has constant bumps and bruises to show for it too. I am a nervous, over-protective mommy anyway, so he makes my heart race a little faster these days.


Ben's 1 Year Check Up went great! There were no major issues to discuss so it was quick, but not painless. He had to get a few shots and he cried. But he slept it off and was as good as new by night time!


His Stats from the Appointment:
Weight: 24.12 lbs - 77% percentile
Height: 30.5" - 63% percentile
Head: 48.5 cm - 96% percentile

Here are some videos of Ben over the past few months:


This is a video of Ben doing flips with Daddy!

Ben loves it when you put something, like a wash cloth on his head! He is so funny!


Ben talking on the phone! He does this all the time now and it cracks me up! But also a big reason why I can't talk on the phone much anymore. I love that he pushes the phone to his mouth instead of his ear, although he does the ear a lot too.

Here are some of my favorites pictures of Ben over the past couple of months:
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this photo. I love when he does this. It is the face he makes when he is calling me. It is so funny. I haven't gotten it on video yet, but I finally captured it in a picture. Now I realize he might look a little crazy, but I think that is why I like it so much!

Uh Oh, he found his nose.

I went to check on him and he was sleeping like this! Precious! (Sorry the picture is weird. I took it without a flash and I didn't think it would take so I moved, but it took, it just has this weird flash streak across it.) That just can't be comfortable.

I just love his eyes.

Again, he is always trying to make us laugh! Mission: Accomplished! 

This was so funny! Ben ran and tackled Jonathan! It took Jonathan and I both by surprise!

Ben's first spin in the car. Do you see the face? He is calling me!

I like to drink water in large cups with straws...and Ben likes to steal them. (it's almost as big as he is!)

Sweet boys.

1 comment:

  1. O sleeps that same way with his butt in the air a lot! Sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete