Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dino World

The Saturday before Mother's Day, Michael treated me and the boys to a Day-O-Fun in Glenn Rose, TX! It's only an hour and half drive from our home! It has lots of fun things to do there! We went to Dinosaur World for the first time! It was fun! Jonathan is really into Dinosaurs right now, so I was excited to see what he would think of all the "life size" dinos! It was a beautiful day, rainy, breezy and 70! It was such a fun memory! We headed to Fossil Rim next, so I will share pictures from that soon! 

 We started off with a picnic! I love this picture of these guys! Michael and his "mini me". Look at their lips- Exact same!

 ROAR!

 Starting the Dino Trail! There were over 100 Dinos! It took about 20-25 min to walk the trail.

 A Jonathan mid-air still shot - Pure Excitement!

 I don't remember why he looks so shocked, but I thought it was funny, any time there were 4 Dinosaurs, he would assign them names and titles - This is the momma, this is the daddy, and these are the kids, Jonathan and Ben.

This is for all the 'Jurasik Park' fans! 

Some of these Dinosaurs are just the freakiest looking things! Even worse, their names! Who thinks up this stuff??? 

 Koi! Kind of random to find Koi in the middle of all this, but, still cool! I'll never complain about a Koi sighting! (Michael and I love them and want to have a Koi pond in our backyard one of these days)
 I thought this was a cool setup!

 I think this was my favorite. It really puts in perspective how big they were!

 This was by far the weirdest looking one!

 T-REX!

 I kind of wanted to give him a hug.

Scary Dudes! I don't want to hug them.


Neat playground while waiting for the Fossil Dig to begin. Do you spy a little guy you know?

 Swing time!

 Jonathan and I went to do the Fossil Dig without him. I don't think little buddy was very happy about it.

 Daddy's hat makes it a little better!

The Fossil Dig was cool. He was able to dig and dig for 10 minutes. Then we had to pick 3 that we could keep!

We couldn't pick just 3 so finally I decided he could pick 3 and I would pick 3 and I just paid a couple extra dollars. The top 3 are Jonathan's and bottom 3 are mine!!

It was such a fun experience!!!

1 comment: