Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Ben's Last Day of School

I am so far behind on blogging, it's hard for me to figure out where to start. So how about at the END of Ben's school year? It has been a crazy, fantastic, and fun year! We have been so lucky to have such awesome teachers for both boys this year! It has made things so much smoother for all of us! Although, I am really ready for summer to begin, I am sad that this year is ending.

Here is a little bit about what has been going on with Ben...

Ben had his 3 year check up last week and his stats were:
36 lbs (87% percentile)
3' 2" (73% percentile)
He is a healthy growing boy!
He has gone up 2 shoe sizes, but only 1 clothing size this school year. He has gotten so long and lean all the sudden.
He still likes to eat and isn't too picky. Although, he can sometimes decide to change his mind at any random meal and not eat at all. Thankfully, since we already went through this with Jonathan, we don't worry so much, only a little.

He is sweet and cuddly. He loves to be in someones lap. Most of the time it's my lap, but if I can't then he will gladly go love on someone else. I love it. I love that he is so affectionate and also that he is able to go to others and share his sweet cuddles. He has the kind of laugh that is so cute that it makes people (me) stop and watch, and you can't help but laugh too. A friend recently described him as "the happiest kid" she knows.  

He talks NON-STOP. He has always been a great talker. His vocabulary is gigantic. I tease him sometimes and ask him if we can play the quiet game. He giggles and says, "NO silly momma!" And he goes back to talking again. He has a little bit of a speech quirk were he repeats a word over and over. After talking to 2 speech pathologists, it's normal and he will out grow it. He has so many words and he has SO much to say, that he will get stuck on a word until he can get to the next.

About a month ago we took the rails off his crib and he is now in a toddler bed! That was so hard for this momma!!! I wasn't ready. But it has actually been awesome. He was climbing out of his crib a lot, so this is safer. And he doesn't get out of bed as much as I thought he would. Although, he has a habit of getting up about 15 minutes before my alarm goes off in the morning and comes into my room and wakes me up. Most of the time he likes to just snuggle. He will lay as close to me as possible and run his hand up and down my arm. He whispers things like, "You're the best momma in the whole world", "you're soooo beautiful", "I'm gonna keep you forever"! It's the kinds of things that melts me into a puddle and I always think, "Well, the day can only go down hill from here!" Haha!!!

While I wish it was all snuggles and sweet words, he is after all 3! He is definitely pushing his boundaries and figuring out what he can get away with. He thinks he is 6 like his big brother, Jonathan. He can really be a RASCAL sometimes! He is always into something. He is always making a mess somewhere. He loves to play and has a great imagination. He is very strong willed and combined with his cuteness, I have to make sure he doesn't get away with everything (for his own good). But he keeps me and the rest of our family on our toes and makes life fun, interesting and full of laughter!  

Cutie Pie.


Ben with his teachers, Ms. Jill and Ms. Lindsay.

Ben's first day of School in Aug 2013. ((It's a different angle from the pictures from today, but you can tell he has grown 2 whole bricks!!!!))

No comments:

Post a Comment