Friday, June 1, 2012

Vacation Bible School

This year I decided to volunteer for Vacation Bible School. I put on my volunteer slip that I would like to help with Music or Arts and Crafts. Within a day or so I was asked and excepted the role as Director of Preschool Music and I was also asked to paint the mural for advertising VBS.
I am excited about both! I just completed the mural a couple of days ago and wasn't completely ashamed of it, HA!
But I know some of my followers have experience in the leading young ones in Music. So if you have any advice to offer, please do so! I think I might need it!
I am really looking forward to it. We received the music that I need to learn the words and motions. So Jonathan and I have been practicing everyday. He is a great partner and he helps me when I mess up the motions! Every time we leave the house he asks, "Are we going to church now, so we can teach the kids the music?". I am afraid he is going to be disappointed when he finds out he won't be with me the whole time teaching. But I know he will have fun away!
So if you don't hear from me in the next couple of weeks, that is why! Setup is all next week and I will go help with a couple more projects and the following week is VBS!

I was given a transparency of these 2 divers. We projected it on the wall and I traced them and then painted them. The next week I came back and outlined them and then cut them out! It wasn't hard at all! It definitely got me back into painting again! I pulled out all my paints and sketch pads at home and started a couple of projects!

Here is the girl with her crazy hair! The only paint the church had on hand was Tempera Paint, which did not agree with the butcher paper. I had to apply 3 coats to get her pink suit that bright and it still looked pastel to me. Oh Well.  

Jonathan checking it out, I got 2 thumbs up from him! The faces are supposed to be mirrors so the kids can imagine that they are the scuba divers.

The finished product! (not the greatest picture, but you get the idea!) The Theme of VBS is "Operation Overboard"!

No comments:

Post a Comment