Thursday, June 21, 2012

New Boots

The other day the boys and I went to my favorite shoe repair shop on Main St in Grapevine. It's a neat shop, I love the smell of leather and shoe polish...or whatever it is. (Okay, so I own like 200 pairs of shoes, of course a shoe repair shop is going to be one of my favorite places!!!)

Anyway, they have a small section at the front where they sell used Cowboy boots. I always look, cause I love Cowboy boots. But I have my mom's red ones and barley wear them, so I just try them on and admire, but never purchase! :)

This time, to my surprise, Jonathan came forward and picked out the only pair in his size! It was meant to be! He tried them on and loved them! As I told Michael, it was the best $20 I have ever spent! He has worn them none-stop since - BUT - they rubbed a little boo-boo on his ankle bone and so we have forced him to stop wearing them for just a little while until it heals. (It kept bleeding every time he would wear them.)

As usual, I have snapped a few pictures of him in his oh-so-cool boots! There are more pictures than what I have included on this post, but you have seen them on previous posts, like the Batman one and he's wearing them when we are looking at my VBS mural.  

I love this. This is the first time he tries them on! Super sharp don't you think?!

Wiped out from our adventure.

Just Johnny and me out shopping for a gift for a friend! I turned and caught him dancing! He just cracks me up!

He said, "See look, I can run super fast in my boots!"

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...and/or...this is when my shoe/boot obsession began! :) This is Amy and I, I was probably almost 2, which would make Amy 6. And yes, that is a wig, I had no hair. Wouldn't you agree my sense of style is pretty keen even for a 2 year old? I wish I still had the clutch. Sadly, I do still have the wig! :)

2 comments:

  1. What is it with cowboy boots? Lance has lived in his for 6 months straight and then we had to get him another pair because they were too small. He still wears his with shorts. ;) J looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Every boy needs a pair of boots! One day I hope to get Owen some too! I can't believe how much Amy looks like Scarlet here either!

    ReplyDelete