As most of you know, I was a Baptist prior to becoming a Methodist recently. So I spoke with the Pastor and Associate Pastor about the practice of an "Infant Baptism". It was explained to me that is in almost the exact same practice as a Baptist "Baby Dedication". The intent and verbiage are the same, mainly asking the congregation to commit to help us bring up the boys in a Godly manner. With the additional steps of sprinkling water on their heads and then we laid our hands on their head and prayed for them to grow up to love the Lord. It was a very touching and moving experience. I was beyond pleased with the way things went. I have been on cloud nine ever since!
It goes without saying that this was an "infant" baptism and neither of our boys are infants anymore! This caused Michael and I a little stress prior to the event...What if they don't behave in the church before we are called up? (There was about 10 minutes of singing and introduction prior to) What if Ben just takes off? What if Jonathan doesn't want to go up there? What if they freak out when the water is put on their head? - You get the picture! So I feel confident in telling you that - WE HAVE THE BEST BEHAVED KIDS IN THE WORLD! I mean it! We worried for NOTHING! Both of them sat quietly and thoroughly enjoyed the service. They were both very obedient during the baptism and neither of them got upset with the water or anything! YAHOO! I think it made it a little bit sweeter for Michael and I, we were both so pleased with them. We even had people come up to us afterward and comment on how nice they behaved!!!
When we left the service I asked Jonathan what he thought, he said, "I just stayed as quiet as I could so I could hear everything that was said." - I was beaming with pride! He is such a sweetheart! And if you ask him, he will be proud to tell you, "I was bath-tized!" We took the boys to their Sunday School and Nursery and then rejoined for the rest of the regular service.
We were so lucky to have our immediate family there with us! Thank you so much for coming! It meant the world to us! After the service we went back to our house for some yummy food and fun!
| We were given one for each boy! |
| This was the handout for the order of service. |
| Pastor Mike McKee with us after the service! |
| Olga, Brian, Michael, Anna Marie and Pat at our house after the service! Thank you so much for lunch Pat!! She paid for us to have catering from Carino's!! It was so good! |
| Jonathan, Waylen and Ben! I am not sure where Scarlet, Amy and Will are, but this was the only time I brought out my camera!! :( |
| He is enjoying his brownie and chocolate ice cream! |
| The second he left the table, Scarlet jumped up and helped Jonathan finish off his ice cream!! HAHA! |
| The Beautiful Snow globe that The Day's bought each boy! I love, love, love them! Thank you so much! |
| This is what the front says (there are 2 and the other says Jonathan). |
Congratulations on the Baptism! The boys look very happy.
ReplyDelete