Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Fort Worth Zoo

We visited the Fort Worth Zoo today with our CCM group from Church! We had a blast! We actually were given a Annual Membership to the Dallas Zoo from Pat and we can't wait to go use it! But since today was the last day of school for most schools around here (which means that there shouldn't have been school bus loads of kids there, but there were anyway) our group of ladies and kids met up! I took my fancy camera and had fun taking pictures of everyone!

Getting started. Looking at the monkey's! The other mom's and I were kind of excite that there were so many boys there today! Our boys are usually in the minority. So the boys were boys and had lots of fun! From the left, is Liz and her son Will, her other son Luke, in the red shirt is Jonathan and in blue is one of his best buds Brady!

That momma was being so silly, with her precious baby!!!

He had fun, although I didn't let him out of his stroller!

Climbing!

I think this area is so pretty!

I don't tire of seeing these curious boys checking out the animals!

Such a sweetheart, Luke!

My friend Jill and her little girl Olivia!

This was our view as we ate lunch! Yikes! I am not a fan of these reptiles.

You can see the tail end of one of the yucky beast to J's left.

Jonathan told me on the way there that he was mostly looking forward to seeing the Hippos! So here he is with them! His friend Joseph next to him.

My sweet boys watching the elephant take a bath!

All the kids watching the elephant take a bath! Left to Right: Jonathan, Olivia, Will, Joseph, Ben, Luke and Katie.

Jonathan and a Rhino!

Birds!

Jonathan said that his favorite part of the day was watching this White Tiger! He was really cool! He was running around and jumping!

Ben says, I can pet the White Tiger??!!

Look at those teeth! I never want to encounter a Bear in the wild!

Of course my favorite part is always the Lion. But he was too tired to look at us today.

Jill took Jonathan into the bird area where you can feed them. I didn't want to take Ben in there. I wasn't sure what he would do if one jumped on him! ;)

We left before the others because we were super hot (high of 95 today) and tired and just ready to go. But someone said. "I'm not hot! I'm not tired!!" - You be the judge. That isn't a sunburn and I didn't squirt him with water! :)

Benny says, "Um, I'm hot and tired!"

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! You guys have been busy with fun activities lately. :)

    ReplyDelete