Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Singing Christmas Tree

Family and long time friends will probably recognize the name "Singing Christmas Tree"! It is a Christmas tradition at my childhood church, Southcliff Baptist! My mom sang in the tree for several years!

I have been waiting for Jonathan to reach a good age to take him and I felt this year was right! It happened to be the 25th Anniversary! Which is so crazy because that is when we started attending the church! I was so glad that we went. I hope we will go every year now!


This is a picture I stole from someones Facebook Page. It shows the tree close up! The choir squeezes in each row!
While there are many shows, I think 4-5, we went to the Sunday 11 am show!

When the boys and I walked in, I saw that the choir room door was open and lots of people were coming in and out, so I decided to sneak in to see if I could say "Hi" to some old friends! The boys quickly made themselves at home, while I hugged lots of familiar faces! See me?

One face I was looking for, one of mom's dearest friends, Susan Pearson! I loved seeing her, it had been too long!!!
Another beautiful face I got to see was Kim Freeman!!! I was so pleasantly surprised to see her! I know both Kim and Susan are readers of my little blog here - It was so great to see you both! Love you!

The Tree from our seats!

We decided, kind of last minute, to let Ben stay with us! He did great! He sat in my lap for 90% of the time and jammed out to the music! I knew he would love it! Michael took him out to the lobby about 10 minutes before it was over when he got a little restless, so not so bad!

Jonathan LOVED it! He was bright eyed the whole time! He loved the music and the whole experience! I love watching things through his eyes!
You can kind of see Waylen's profile here!

The church had a kids activity area setup for afterward. Ben and a nice lady playing toss with an ornament ball! :)


Michael, with our boys. And the beautiful brown-eyed girl looking at me is one of Amy's nieces Kendal, next to her another niece Addison.

A view of the table with all the kids coloring! Will at the end and Scarlet next to Amy!

"CHEESE"

We all had such a great time and can't wait until next year!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment