This past week was Michael's Birthday! Last Saturday I asked Pat to take care of the kids and I took Michael to a gun range! He has been increasingly interested in guns over the past couple of years. I bought him a gun safe a couple of Christmas' ago. He has purchased a couple of guns since, but hasn't had the chance to go shot them!
I have never, at least in my adult life, shot a gun! I wasn't very interested to begin with, but then I decided, that just for the sake of self defense, I would like to shoot a gun, just so I am not completely intimidated! Well, I liked it, I liked it a lot! I can't wait until we get to go again! Michael had a great time too! It was a great date night! We had good Mexican food afterward! Perfection!
 |
| The Birthday boy and me at the range! |
 |
| Shooting his new Glock 9mm. |
 |
| Now my turn with the Glock! I was very scared of this gun to begin with but I think I shot the best with this one! |
 |
| I didn't know much about guns before this day, but I did know about Shot Guns. So I rented one! We got "Buck Shot" bullets. It was amazing. It was my favorite of all the guns. After we were done I realized I didn't get a picture of me with the first gun I have ever shot! So we asked the guy if I could hold it for a quick pic! |
 |
| We blew the center of the bulls eye out with the shot gun! |
 |
| Dork! I took a picture of myself while Michael was reloading! Michael bought us both our own eye and ear protection. But I was still getting over an eye infection so I had to wear my glasses! |
 |
| Michael shooting his rifle! |
 |
| Only some of the shells that fell on the floor around us from our session! |
On Michael's actual Birthday we had a little "party" with the 4 of us! Dinner, Cake, Presents, Music, Dancing, Video Games...you know, the usual! :)
 |
| Jonathan and Ben helping Michael open his gifts! I think that was a new work shirt! |
 |
| Ben is showing me the wrapping paper he ripped off! Such a helper! |
 |
| Wow! It's another shirt! :) |
 |
Jonathan insisted that I make Michael a cake, even though Michael didn't want one (he isn't much of a sweet eater). I had the ingredients to make this, so I decided to give it a shot! It is Pumpkin Angle Food Cake! I saw it on Pinterest and it is only 4 or 5 ingredients! It was yummy!
http://bestrecipesite.net/pumpkin-angel-food-cake/ |
 |
| Ben really liked...the whip cream! :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment