Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Advent Season

This past Sunday was a big deal at our house. We were asked to light the first advent candle during the 11 service at our church. Jonathan was already going to be singing, so this added another layer of excitement. We were honored to be asked! We really love our church and are so happy to be welcomed by them!
 
The bulletin with our names in it!
 
Thankfully one of my good friends was sitting on the front row and snapped some pictures of us while we were up there lighting the candle!! Thanks Jill!!
Michael and I had decided prior to that he would hold Ben and stand back a little bit so Ben wouldn't reach for the candle.  And Jonathan was going to "help" me light the candle. But when we got up there, Jonathan was doing his own thing and looking out in the audience, etc. We only had seconds to get it lit and get off the stage, so I did it as quick as I could.



 
Our lit candle of Hope.
 

Coming to big church is a new thing for the 4 year olds. We sat with his best friend Brady. It was fun watching them. They were really good. They were practicing writing their names here.
 
***********************************************************
 
For the month of December I am the co-teacher for Jonathan's Sunday School class, so I was able to be there when they "lit" their advent candle.  
 
I was excited to be there for the rehearsal!
 


Here is the practice song in the choir room. I'm sorry you can hear me singing at the beginning, but then I stopped when I realized that you could prob only hear me on the video, thankfully, that wasn't the case!
 
Here is the church preformance! Our seat wasn't the best, that's why I included the practice! Either way, our little Jonathan did such a great job! We are so proud!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment