Monday, October 1, 2012

The State Fair of Texas

Happy October! We love fall at this house and we are VERY happy that Fall, October, cooler weather AND the State Fair are here!!! The State Fair was a tradition of my parents, then Michael and I started going and NOW every year Michael's company has their company picnic there! It is a really awesome deal. They pay for everything - parking, admission, $30 worth of coupons per person! Plus tickets to all the exhibits and attractions! Only thing is that we have to go on the first Saturday of the Fair! That not a bad thing typically, but this year it rained...ALL DAY! Normally we would love it! But this time, we wished it would have stopped for just a little bit! Nonetheless, we were there for just over 4 hours and enjoyed every minute!
A little rain didn't slow me down on taking pictures! I took them all with my iPhone though, so not the best quality photos, but you can still share in on our fun day!

The Car Exhibit is always our favorite spot. This year Jonathan wanted to sit/drive in EVERY car! We were in the car exhibit for over an hour!!!

Driving a Dodge Charger

Jonathan wanted to sit in the back and let Michael drive - Dodge Challenger.

Driving a truck!

I wouldn't mind one of these!!! A Vet!

The boys are a bit soggy with Big Tex. Ben always takes off his shoes and socks. We put them back on him countless times that day to help keep his feet warm, but he just kept taking them off!

Eating a hot dog and I'm eating a corny dog!

Jonathan REALLY, REALLY wanted to ride the Farris Wheel (the one in the distances), BUT due to the rain, it was closed. The next best thing was the SKYWAY gondola. It was fun!!

J looking at Downtown Dallas!

My buddy and me!


The Carousel! This was the highlight of my day!!

J and I on the Carousel! I love his smile!!

The following are from the Petting Zoo:

Beautiful baby Giraffe!


J made friends with this goat.


I love the sign.

J made friends everywhere!

African Porcupine! Very cool! We didn't pet them.

She liked my phone. She rammed her nose into it! She had a very wet nose.

I have no words...

Jonathan LOVED feeding the animals!

Ben was just not sure about being so close to the animals. He would get up there and then run away.

We got to see a Cow Milking Demonstration. Pretty neat!

Ben's favorite thing right now is to wave at people. But today, he waved at the animals!!!

Warn Out and Fast Asleep!

1 comment:

  1. For a soggy day, looks like you had lots of fun! Wish Joe's work had a day like that!

    ReplyDelete