Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Light the Night Walk!

This past Sunday, Oct 21st was the annual "Light the Night" walk for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! This was our second year to attend!
We raised close to $2,000!!!!! Thank to so much for your donations and support! AND everyone who attended! It is a really neat experience!
Amy and I were happy to once again honor the memory of our mom in this way. I was so happy that a few of my close friends were able to join and bring their kids! Kathryn, Eric, Avery, Kirsi, Taryn and Mazie!!! Also and of course, Cindy, Krista, Clayton...all the Day family!!! Loved being there with everyone!


We wore these stickers on our backs!

A picture of mom (top right) on a board along the walk route!

My little family!
 
Amy and Me!
 

Some of our friends joined us! This is one of Jonathan's best friend Taryn!

Avery's turn to sit on Taryn!! Avery is also one of Jonathan's best friends!

Baby Mazie! Taryn's little sister!

Can you believe how big he is getting???

Michael putting my giraffe ears on Jonathan!! The kids loved them! I wore them in honor of mom!! :)

Kirsi and Mazie!
The Day's!

Waylen and Ben having a man to man talk. Ben was also flirting with the Blondie lady in the background! :)

Ben's turn with the ears!

Now, I finally got to wear my ears!

Krista, Cindy and Alex!!!



Everyone getting lined up to start the walk!! It's so neat to look up and see balloons everywhere!


Our group "Nancy's Clan" getting started!

Jonathan, Taryn and Avery!!! Such sweet little friends!

More of me running ahead trying to get a photo of the group!!!

Taryn walked almost all of the 3.11 miles, I was so impressed! But she hitched a ride towards the end!

Taryn, Mazie and Kirsi!

Avery, being pushed by her daddy Eric. My boys, being pushed by Michael. Taryn and Mazie being pushed by Kirsi!

This was my group of friends that joined us! I can't thank them enough! Kathryn, Eric and Avery! Kirsi, Taryn and Mazie!!!

Amy and Waylen!!!

Ready to go home!!!

The Fort Worth skyline that we got to walk along and look at! It was a beautiful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment