I had been to this park about 4 years ago and walked the trail, so I thought I knew what I was doing...turns out I didn't. It was pretty bad since we ended up walking a lot further than planned, with tired and hot little boys. We didn't bring enough water, we took turns pulling the extremely heavy wagon, I brought my 30 lbs carry all bag, which seemed to get heavier and heavier with each step. It wouldn't have been that bad if we had been prepared to walk that far. I think it was about 3 miles total.
The funny part about it was, I was absolutely certain that I knew where we were going. I believed that the trail we were on would loop back towards the park...it didn't. In fact, the trail we were on goes from one side of Grapevine to the other. It is 31 miles long (I looked it up after we got home). I kept saying, "no, let's not turn around, I feel it, the park is going to be around the bend..." but it wasn't. Plus, we both thought that we could here a lot more cars and traffic, it kind of sounded like the freeway...and that didn't seem right.
Finally at Shannon's insisting, we turned around, and actually ran, a little bit, back to the park. We had never been happier to see our cars!!! SORRY SHANNON AND THE BOYS!!! :)
So don't worry, I don't plan on becoming a trail guide any time soon. I probably won't go back to this park anytime soon either!! Although, it is an awesome park!
| A cool fire truck on the play ground. |
| Shannon pulling Ben and Hudson. |
| Jonathan loved it! He didn't understand why Shannon and I were so eager to find our cars. |
| Water break. PS - I also was using my brand new camera lens that Michael got me for my Birthday! Look how crisp of a shot it takes! Yeah! I love it, Thank you, Michael!!! |
| Sweet Boy! |
| Getting tired... |
Wow, what an adventure! J looks so cute in the water break photo!!
ReplyDelete