Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Break 2012 - Family

Spring Break 2012 Michael and I decided would be the beginning of our new family tradition of taking a family trip. Maybe we were a little too premature on this. It's a little hard to describe, but I'll be honest, we had really high highs and really, really, low lows! We decided that the boys are just a little too young or maybe we are just a little too old...either/or or a combo of both! Judge all you want, there are some things that I am really good at as a parent...but traveling is not one of them!

Our agenda was just to get out of town, see family, see some sights and eat some good food!! We succeeded in our plan and now that I sit here and recap, I am so glad that we did it (and I am also glad we didn't leave early). My favorite part of the trip was seeing my cousins, their spouses, and children! I have a cousin Sean and his wife, Britania that live in Austin and I have a cousin Emily, her husband, Jason, and their kids, Lance and Lainey that live in San Antonio. Thank you for being such great hosts to us!

One thing is for certain, we are all home bodies! The evening and into the night was the worst part of all 3 nights we stayed away. So much so that Sunday night, the second night of our stay, Jonathan cried for about 2 hours that he wanted to go home. Once we got him finally settled down and in bed...he THREW UP! I am sure that it was because he was worked up, because he was fine after that.

Health issues did play a big role in our trip as well. For instance, Jonathan was the ONLY one of the 4 of us that WASN'T on an antibiotic! I had Strep Throat for the 3rd time in a month, Ben had an ear infection and we believe Michael had Strep too (his was never confirmed, but the Dr gave him an antibiotic anyway). Ben and I started feeling bad on Tuesday and went in to the Dr. on Wednesday, so he and I were almost back to normal by the time we left Saturday morning. Michael on the other hand started feeling bad on Thursday night. So he went to the Dr on Friday afternoon, but didn't start feeling really bad until Saturday afternoon...once we arrived in Austin!

I took 600 photos of our 4 day trip. So many good ones that I HAVE TO share. They will take my negative words and squish them! In other words, by the looks of the photos, we had a blast, and we DID! I am having a hard time narrowing down my favorites! So I decided to break them up into categories. Family, Food, Sights...etc.


Austin Family:
Jonathan, Britania and Ben at Sean and Britania's beautiful new home!

Jonathan and Sean at Sean and Britania's new home - the pictures are blurry, something weird was happening with my camera.

Jonathan, Britania, Ben and Sean...as we were saying good-bye to our short, but very sweet visit!

San Antonio Family:
Jason, Lance, Jonathan and Michael.

Lainey is playing peek-a-boo with Ben, who is next to me. Emily, my cousin, is expecting her third baby in August, so both Lainey and Lance were very excited to play with baby Ben!

Love this picture! Lainey is so happy that she made Ben laugh! And she looks just like her momma!

Ben says, Well done Lainey, that was pretty funny stuff!

Back at the Mayes' house...my boys took over all the toys!




I love this picture! I think Ben had the most fun! He was trapped in some kind of contraption all trip long...ie, car seat, stroller, high chair or pack and play! This was the first time he was really free in days!

And the boys are off!


More to come...

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it!! You even got a picture of the "Stop, No Running" sign. I want to see Sean and Britania's house in person now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad y'all had a good trip. But did sound a little rough. Being a homebody is fun, but adventure is fun too!

    ReplyDelete