Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Break 2012 - San Jose

When I was in 8th grade, my class took a field trip down to San Antonio to do a tour of the Missions. The San Jose Mission was the one, besides the Alamo, that stood out to me the most. When Michael and I planned this trip, we decided to skip Sea World (since the boys were so young and it is so expensive) and we were going to do the Mission tour. There are 5 major Missions in San Antonio. Well, we did 1 of the 5, but we did my favorite, so it is okay!
The San Jose is known as "The Queen of the Missions". It was established in 1720 and was used as a model for other missions. It was a social and cultural center that housed 300 residents. I thought it looked like a pretty cool place to live...as did Jonathan, who continued to say through our tour, "I wanna live here!" (I'll remember that buddy!)
The tour was definitely enjoyed by all 4 of us! I highly recommend if you are in town! I had fun and fancied myself a photographer. Please enjoy the beautiful San Jose...
The Church

Jonathan inside the defender wall.


The homes. This is where Jonathan wanted to live.

Knock Knock. Lemme in!


Jonathan: "They aren't answering!!!"
Me: "No one has lived there for a very long time."
Jonathan: "Okay, then I want to live here!"





















Love the cactus on the roof. Jonathan called it "Cass-muss".

Really cool old tree.

I did my best Snow White..."I'm wishing, for the one I love, to find me"...but I already found my prince charming!

No comments:

Post a Comment