Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Break 2012 - The Capitol

One of the things that was a MUST STOP for us was the Texas State Capitol. Michael had never been inside, and since he is married to the former Youth Attorney General of Texas ('98), I felt it was my duty to take him and the boys on a tour. (If you have no idea what I am talking about, then I will just have to tell you some time!)
We had a great time. It's a really beautiful building, with so much history.

We drove around a lot on Saturday and then again on Sunday morning. So Sunday afternoon, the clouds cleared right as we pulled up in front of the Capitol. Ben was still sleeping in his car seat and poor baby, I really wanted him to get as much rest as possible. So I suggested that Michael and Jonathan go run on the beautiful Capitol lawn! Jonathan had a blast!!! Ben and I stayed in the car and I got some photo's (of course) of J running! The little red speck in front of the statue is Jonathan. Only problem was, Jonathan grew really tired towards the end of our tour, probably from all the running! Oops!

As we approached the Capitol. It's just so pretty. The pink granite that was used to build this building was brought in from neighboring Marble Falls, where we visited later.

At the front door.

He ran right in and looked up, almost like he knew what he was doing or been here before!

And this is what he saw!

I like this shot.

Down one of the corridors. Each room is a Senator or Representatives office. I would love to have an office here!


He liked these chairs!

And so do I...I want one!

Details everywhere...this is the door hinge.

The beautiful House of Representatives.


Looks like an air hockey table to me!

I love these lights! I must have these!!! - The Docent walked by as I was taking this and said, "Isn't it just so neat that the star has 5 points and TEXAS has 5 letters! It works out perfectly." - :)

The Texas Senate Room. This is where, then, Governor George W Bush, spoke and I sat behind him.

I just thought these chairs were cool.

Ben was hamming it up!

We were on the top floor (the 4th floor) looking down!

What we saw when looking down!

Michael, Jonathan, Ben, Me and Sean!

This picture is taken from the underground extension. And one of my favorites.  

In the underground extension.

Heading out...LET'S EAT!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment