We listened to this CD almost every single time we were in the car! Very catchy tunes that the whole family enjoyed! "We are the Dinosaurs" of course was already one of Jonathan's favorites, "Moon Moon Moon" quickly became one of his favorites, and we loved to hear him sing it. "Victor Vito" is my personal favorite, along with "Bumblebee"!!! If you have a child in the pre-school age group, you MUST have this CD in your car at all times! :)
****************************************************************
Jonathan's statement of choice on the drive down was "This is taking forever..." But occasionally he would say, "Are we in Austin yet?" We would always respond, "No, not yet, we will let you know once we are!" So as we finally arrived in Austin, I was driving, Michael wasn't feeling well, Ben was asleep, it was raining really hard, I was trying to figure out where the hotel was...etc, etc...you get the idea. So as we drive into our hotel parking lot, the La Quinta, Jonathan said, "Are we in Austin?" and I said, "Oh, YES, sorry buddy, yes, we are in Austin." I look back to see him scrunch his nose and give the hotel a once over and looks at me and says, "THIS is Austin?" I quickly tried back tracking, knowing where his head was going..."No, this is a hotel that is located IN Austin. Austin is a city"...etc. He told me he understood and we moved on...or so I thought.
As we got to our room that rainy afternoon in the La Quinta/Austin, I ran over to the heater to crank it up, but it wouldn't turn on. Michael messed with it, then called the front desk. The front desk sent up a guy who messed with it and decided it didn't work. - Sigh - But Bad News - No more rooms in the hotel (or anywhere else) because of SXSW and Spring Break. Good news - we now get the room for free! AND they were able to fix the heater!
****************************************************************
Speaking of Hotels...the one we stayed at in San Antonio was AWESOME! I think Michael's face said it all when we walked in. It's the little things, but when traveling with 4 people, space is a must! This room had 2 rooms separate by a big door. We had 2 queen beds and a bathroom. The other was a living room/ kitchen with a couch, chair, dinner table and TV of course. We had all the kitchen appliances too, which helped so much with all the bottles and cups that we brought along! The location of this hotel was awesome too! We were right there on the Riverwalk. I would highly recommend this hotel! The Hilton Homewood Suites! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!
| Thank you Hotel for the free newspaper, Ben said it was tasty! |
| We need to get one of these closets with a mirror on it! It kept him busy! |
| One of the great things about having 2 rooms...our little early riser and I hung out in the living/kitchen for hours while the other boys slept! |
| The boys loved looking out at the Riverwalk from our hotel lobby! |
| They thought it was super cool to see the boat that we road on the day before, it was the same guy that drove our boat too!!! |
Jumping around...
| I thought this was too funny not to share. I think they are parks and rec guys! :) |

No comments:
Post a Comment