But you have to understand, the house was built in 1972 and the kitchen has remained pretty much untouched all this time. Cream, Green and Gold Swirl Laminate Counter tops and Back Splash. Harvest Gold Appliances!!!!! Yuck, Yuck, Yuck!
Over the past 4 years, we have purchased a new appliance every year. Dad got us started and as a house warming gift, he got us our refrigerator! Then we bought our beautiful double oven. Then our glass cook top, which I don't like, but it would have been much more $$$ to get a gas cook top! Our vent hood and finally our dishwasher...all stainless steel and beautiful!
So back in July, Michael and I went shopping around and decided to go with Lowe's for our new granite counter tops. (We got a really, really good deal!) But, sometimes you get the service you pay for! I'm happy with the final product, but working with them was frustrating.
We hired an independent contractor to install the tile back splash and I highly recommend him, if anyone needs a tile guy! We did cream colored tumbled travertine as the main tile and then we had an inset added above the sink and cook top of marble, glass and travertine.
Special Thank you to my super handy husband, Michael...he uninstalled the vent hood and cook top, then reinstalled them back in. He installed the new faucet and all the stuff under the sink. He installed all new outlets to black and new outlet covers to stainless steel. He installed the new light over the sink! And on, and on! Thank you Michael! :)
![]() |
| This pic is before the house was even ours (the MLS photos) note the Harvest Green oven! |
| This is the day before the new counter tops arrived!! |
| After! YEAH!!! |
| Before |
After...much better...yes? |
| Before |
| After! |
![]() |
| Before the house was ours...yucky Harvest Gold! |
| The day before the new counter tops...and I forgot to take an 'after' pic from this angle...but I think you get it! :) |


That looks fab-o! Great job guys, feel free to come work your magic at our house!
ReplyDeleteLooks awesome, Julie!!
ReplyDelete