Today our nation mourns and remembers the great tragedy that took place on 9/11/01. I join you but I am also mourning and remembering my father...on his Birthday 9/11/51. He turned 50 that day, I felt so bad for him, not a day for celebrating. Not that he cared, he just liked to make a big deal about our Birthdays and ignore his. The one good thing was, we had already had his surprise Birthday party the Saturday before, on the 8th. It was such a good time and he was surprised. We had never thrown him a party with anyone besides the family so it was fun to have about 10-15 couples come over and celebrate with us. I can't find pictures of that party. I bet I will come across them when I go through all of mom's pictures...I project I have yet to tackle. I do have pictures of our last Dad Birthday Celebration, his 56th Birthday. Today he would have been 59.
We went to The Keg. A really good steakhouse.
Mom melted chocolate in that red thing and we dipped Angel Food Cake (one of dad's favorites) and fruit.
We would always ALL end up back in Dad's study.
He is kidding around.
See. This is one of my favorite photos of them.
Such nice memories. It is nice that you are "recording" them on your blog. I hope you got my message yesterday after the one you left. Can't wait to catch up this week. :)
ReplyDelete