Saturday, July 21, 2012

Tae Kwon Do

Something else big and new has happened over the last couple of weeks! Jonathan has started Tae Kwon Do! It was kind of funny how it started...One of his friends had been doing it and the mom had raved about this particular place and the results with her son. I told Michael and Jonathan about it and they both seemed really excited about it, the next thing I knew we were there for our "free trail class". And I was so delighted at how great Jonathan was at everything, especially on the first try! So we quickly joined! It is twice a week in the evenings, so Michael can come watch! Yay!! We have all loved it! Even little Ben, who desperately wants to join them!

What Michael and I (and Jonathan) love about the class...
*It teaches them discipline. You obey Master Valdez. You listen when he speaks, you don't talk. You pay attention and you do as he says.
*He teaches them to obey their parents and their teachers.
*He teaches them Stranger Danger.
*He teaches them Fire Safety. (Stop, drop and roll and they race to see who can crawl to safety fastest)
*He drills them on their phone number, address and parents names - in case they get lost.
*He teaches them kicks - side kicks, double kicks, round houses...
*He teaches them walks and crawls - monkey walks, duck walks, bear crawls, crab crawls..! :)
*He teaches them jumps - ninja jumps! :)

You get the idea! Its a lot of fun and a great work out! Everyone is happy! And J sleeps a little bit better on those nights!


Love the uniform!


Kicking with Master Valdez

Jumping - and Master Valdez is pretending to be an alligator and you don't want to fall off or he will get you!!!

Action! He is good at jumping!!!

Here is a video of them warming up at the beginning of class! I am very impressed with his form! BTW- Jonathan is the second kid from the right. (I think there is typically 15 kids in the class.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! He looks adorable in his uniform. And we really do need to catch up, I didn't know he was doing Tae Kwon Do. I have been encouraging Lance to try it for years, I have heard it is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete