Monday, December 20, 2010

Good-bye Old Mill Run

Amy and I sold my parents house this past month. It was an extremely difficult thing to do, but now that it is done, and we know the people who will be living there, I feel very good about things.
We closed and handed over the keys on Dec 6, the Friday before, Jonathan and I went together and took a lot of photos and tried to have fun (it's hard not to with this little guy!)! I thought some of you would like to see them too...(okay some of these photo's were taken at an earlier date)




I love this kitchen. They did such a great job updating it.





Sitting at Mom's original sewing desk...so many fun memories of sitting on that desk and talking to her.
 
We painted the dinning room just a week before the offer came in. Amy and I both really liked the paint job, it brighten and made the room twice as big!







This was my favorite bathroom!
 


Sitting in Mom & Dad's bedroom window.
 
So many fun memories in this tub! When we were a lot younger, we would put on our bathing suits and fill the tub with bubble bath and then turn on the jets! It would make the bubbles over flow! It was so much fun!





This is the under the stairs closet. One of my favorite places in the house when we first moved in (I was 7).




My dad made each of these wooden steps.



This was also one of my favorite features of the house. The room with the built in desk. Amy and I argued over who got that room. She won cause she was the older sister. I ended up getting the better deal after all!!! Her room was directly over mom and dad's room and they could hear almost everything she did!!! HAHA! I was over the garage! No one cared how late I stayed up or how loud my music was!!!


This is new flooring that Amy and I installed just before putting the house on the market in March.



My Room!!! Mom had painted it Aqua about a year and a half ago! She had taken over my room as her work room.


My room and my big wonderful window!


I used to love this deck too...summer's with Amy and our friends "sun bathing".



Playing in my dad's garage.


Sitting on the steps of my dad's shed.


The side of my dad's second garage. He loved Azalea's.


3 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful house and I am so happy that a nice family will be able to enjoy it! Also, excited for all the wonderful memories you and your boys will make at your own house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post, Julie! What a nice tribute and such sweet memories you have of the house. Leanna is right, it goes to show how many memories someone can hold from a childhood house. You are so strong! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, what a beautiful post and so many memories in that house! The pictures were beautiful! I remember celebrating your birthday, Amy's, your dad's and everything! I gotta say your mom's tub was my favorite memory too! Thank you for doing that! Those memories will be a treasure for us!

    ReplyDelete