So this time, we decided to stay in downtown Galveston. We choose The Tremont House Hotel, a Wyndham property. The building is over 100 years old, but it has been recently updated. It is located one block from 'The Strand', where most of the downtown shops, restaurants and bars are located. And it is just 2 blocks from the Harbor. We walked down to the Strand both nights, it was so much fun!
We didn't have a single bad experience with the hotel, everyone bent over backwards to help us with every little thing. It was so nice. The only complaint I have is that it was a bit noisy. As ships would come into the harbor throughout the night, they would sound their horn! Yikes, that will make you jump out of bed! And there was also a couple of night clubs that I could hear the thumping of the music, which drove me a little crazy. Otherwise, totally awesome!
| The outside of the hotel, on one of our night walks. |
| Jonathan loved our window. He was ALWAYS looking out and talking to the boats and telling us what was going on! |
| The View from our room. |
| The View |
| Our room |
| The Bathroom. Okay, it's weird to take a picture of the toilet, but I loved the tile in there and this was the only way I could get the whole wall! |
| Enjoying his morning milk. |
| He loved this mirror, if he wasn't looking out the window, he was looking in the mirror. He got a hold of daddy's sunglasses! |
| The Lobby |
| The Strand. |
| The Strand |
| A shop on the Stand that I have a really good memory of going with mom and dad on our trip 5 years ago. | >
No comments:
Post a Comment