Monday, December 13, 2010

Galveston! Part Five, Kemah

The last stop on our trip, we drove up the Bay about an hour to a little town called Kemah! If you have never been, than I hope you do now! About 7 or 8 years ago, Michael and I were heading down to Galveston for the 4th of July and we stopped at Kemah to meet Michael's brother James and his wife Debbie. I fell in love with the city the second we got there! Since then, Amy and Waylen have gone and loved it! Mom and Dad went too and loved it! After the 2008 Ike Hurricane, we were told that Kemah had been blown off the map completely. We were all sad and hoping that they would re-build! So, since we were down in that neck of the woods, I begged Michael to swing us by Kemah to see what it looked like! To our surprise, it had been re-built and looked better than ever! We ate lunch and then road the mini train. We will come back another trip to spend more time!

PS - this is the last 'Part' in the series!


Eating Ice Cream after lunch.



Kemah's big attraction is the Boardwalk. There are lots of restaurants and rides!


The Mini-Train that we rode!




That's a smoker from behind, Jonathan thought that was pretty cool! I posted this for you uncle Brian!!!




One tired little cowboy...we are heading home now!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, loved the 'turn around boat, want to see your face" quote from Jonathan! I also liked the father son pic of them picking seashells. YOu did a great job with your 675 pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie! I was in Galveston this past weekend as well! I had gone with my boyfriend's family! we walked the strand and saw the blue jellyfish too! That would have been awesome to run into you! y'all looked like you had a blast! love you!

    ReplyDelete