Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My 28th Birthday

The obvious birthday downer was the absence of my parents...my first birthday without both of them. Sadness set in the Sunday prior to the big day. I allowed myself a couple of days to be "blue", then with Amy's great news on Tuesday, I snapped out of it!! (the good news was that they are having a baby BOY!!)


The wonderful thing about my parents was they both liked to make a really big deal out of Birthdays. There was always a big celebration and wonderful gifts. It was always a blast. They always made Amy and I and even our husbands feel so loved and appreciated around our Birthday's. I would give anything to have one more night filled with the love and laughter of my parents.  

Amy and I will continue on with the Big Celebration tradition, while it will never be the same with out our parents, we will strive to make them proud and give the blessing to our children that they gave us.


My last Birthday with both my parents was my 28th! It was an extra special Birthday, because Michael and I had just found out a couple of days before that we were expecting Jonathan! It was such a fun night that I will never forget! It was just so cool to me to tell my parents I was expecting on my own Birthday.

Dad, Mom, Amy and Waylen...right after Michael and I told them we were expecting!

Dad, Mom, Michael, me, Amy and Waylen
Mom, me and Michael!


Dad and Amy
Mom, Me and Dad outside of Pappadeux's.
Dad and Mom..the glowing Grandparents to-be.

This photo always cracks me up! It's mom as she is tackling Michael after we gave them the news! She was screaming, "You did it! You did it!" - Michael and I were confused by this, and she explained that it was from a 'Funniest Home Video' clip where a little boy said that to his father after they told the boy he was going to have a sibling. - Leave it to mom! She made us laugh!

1 comment:

  1. Aw Julie, thank you for sharing this site and these pictures. I love the one of you giving your news just as you take the picture. Amy's and Nancy's expression is priceless.

    ReplyDelete