Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Jonathan's Big Boy Room - Update

A very common question these days is, "How is the big boy room transition going?" The answer: Couldn't be better! Seriously, he loves his room! He loves his bed. He loves playing in there all the time. He loves his big window. He loves having friends over and playing in there! Michael and I could not be more happy with the transition!

Even his bed time freedom, which is always a fear for parents, has been really mild. We allow him to have any stuffed animal he wants in bed...at last count I believe he had 18 in bed with him (the number grows daily!). We don't allow him to have cars, other toys or books, but I will go in there in the morning and his bed will be covered in books or cars! Rascal! If that's the worst of it, then I will take it! :)

A month or so ago I was working on taking pictures of trains to blow up and hang on his walls. After our "Trains and Trauma" incident (to the right, Blog Archive, March, Trains and Trauma) I lost all steam on completing the project of getting things on the walls prior to Ben's arrival. Well, special thank you to Leanna for getting me back on track. She was with us the day that Jonathan hurt his head and she went back to the trains and finished taking the pictures that I wanted!!!! Thank you! She gave me the disk of pictures at the shower for Ben and it suddenly put me in the mood again! So Jonathan and I went to one more location and 'carefully' took pictures of the trains for his room. It was fun having him there so I could ask him which one he liked better and what he wanted pictures of.

The project is now complete and I am very excited and proud to show the final results! What makes it even better is how much he loves it! He calls it his 'pictures'. When I woke him up yesterday he told me that he had to scare away the dinosaurs, because they were trying to take his pictures! I love it! He has a wild imagination these days!

I have just a couple more things to do in Ben's room and I will post pictures!



Before: Empty Wall

After: Yeah! Train Pictures


The train clock was my fathers. My dad built model trains as a hobby. (Sorry it's so messy on top of his book case!)


We are reserving above his head board for something else, not sure yet.



These are 2 of my favorites.

Dancing in front of his mirror. He was excited! Plus, I put up pictures of our day with Thomas. He loves that one the best I think! (We are going to hang the mirror, just haven't yet!)


Instead of putting the whole cross word puzzle of his name back up, we decided just to put his first name.


Just in case you wanted to see the pictures close up here they are! (there is also a collage of train parts that is the large center picture of the big wall, but I couldn't convert the file type to load on the blog. Sorry, cause it's really cool! And Leanna took most of those pictures!)




photo by: Leanna O'Brien


photo by: Leanna O'Brien




1 comment:

  1. Yea! I'm so glad it turned out well. Looks super cute! Where did you go for the other trains? I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete