Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Blessing of the Kindergartners

The Blessing of the Kindergartners, All Students and Teachers is a type of ceremony that our church does the Sunday before school starts. I remember last year and I was a mess watching the whole thing! I knew that it would be a special day for our family this year. We invited our local family members to attend with us and we were so happy that Aunt Amy and my Uncle Jim could attend!
I was a big ball of nerves that day, but I was so thankful to be a part of a church that makes it such a special time for the whole family. It really did help me and Jonathan (I Think) prepare our minds and hearts for the next day.


The Kindergartner Sunday School Class.


The Kindergartners up on stage being "Blessed" by the Children's director Holly. An encouraging story and a bag tag with scripture telling them God is always with them.

The they called ALL students of ALL ages to the stage. After more encouraging words, they asked the audience to pick a child that they see on stage and commit to praying for them this year. It is a heart warming ceremony that I still tear up thinking about.

After the service, we went and got Ben out of the nursery! He was so excited to see Jim!!! 

A group shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment