Starting with the Shoe Boxes for Kids Ministry that our church does. Every Christmas they collect shoe boxes of pre-filled goodies for local under privileged children. They then take the boxes to the Hurst Police Department and the Police distribute the boxes to the children on Christmas Morning. They ask you to put toys, hygiene items, coloring books, books, anything that that you think a child might need and want.
I thought it sounded pretty neat, so about a month ago the boys and I went to Walgreen's with our shoe boxes and had fun picking out items for both a boy and a girl. We took it home, wrapped it up and the next time we were up at church, the boys helped put them under the tree. They were very proud of their shoe boxes!
A week before Christmas, our Children's Minister at church posted on Facebook that she needed help taking the boxes from church and delivering them to the Police Department! So I jumped at the chance! I knew Jonathan would love going up to the Police Department! PLUS - I am really trying to teach the boys that Christmas is not just about receiving presents! It is about giving to others too! We had lots of fun and I hope this is a new tradition!
| My little Elf helper! We got the van loaded up! It doesn't seem like much, but there were 90 boxes! |
| Jonathan heading up to the front with Holly (the Children's Minister) and the Police Officer! |
| Little Elf #2 doing his part! |
| I let Ben out of the stroller and he went right to work! |
| He was so happy! |
| They posted this picture on our church site! |
| I did help, by the way...I unloaded almost all of the first dolly and then I put the camera down and helped put the rest of this load! ;-) |
| The nice Officer let the boys take a ride on the dolly! |
| A fun, fun experience! |
No comments:
Post a Comment