Friday, November 2, 2012

The First Hair Cut

This week Ben got his first hair cut! He is now 18 months old and he finally has enough hair to cut! I was putting it off because I knew it would make him look older and it did! I took him to my hair dresser. I have been going to Alicia for at least 10 years. She is awesome. I have never had a bad hair cut from her. When she told me that she would cut Jonathan's hair years ago I jumped at it and have been taking him every 4 weeks ever since! So now it was finally time for her to do Ben's! Ben did great! He was happy to sit in the chair just like big brother! His favorite part was getting squirted in the face and head with the water spritzer!

Before picture.

Getting up in the chair like Big Brother!

He was fine with everything and never got upset, but would keep turning his head to look at Alicia every time she did something new.

I love that little profile!

Very long on top!


I had just sprayed him in the face with water!


Two fine looking boys with new hair cuts! Doesn't Ben look like a little man??
 *****************************
 

I was curious when Jonathan had his first cut, so I went on the hunt through my old photos. He was 11.5 months when we cut his hair for the first time!!! So he has a good 6 months on Ben!! My mom cut his hair for the first several hair cuts! He did well too!

Jonathan at 11.5 months at Mom and Dad's house. Ready for his first hair cut!

Long hair!

My mom cutting his hair!


My mom's good friend Dorothy Jones was staying with her at the time so we had her get into the picture too! Mom had just had the Stem Cell Transplant about a month and a half before this picture. She was bald headed at the time and she didn't like having pictures taken of her with her bald head. Neither of us were thinking when she was cutting his hair and she did it without a wig or hat, so I chose not to post any of those. Even though I think she looked beautiful no matter what. I am glad she has a hat on so I can share this sweet photo! :) Miss my sweet mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment