Friday, November 9, 2012

The Dallas Zoo

Many, Many Thanks to my mother-in-law Pat, who bought the boys and I a membership to the Dallas Zoo! She actually gave it to us months ago, but busy schedules, hot weather and seasonal allergies have kept us away...

This past Monday morning as the boys and I were eating breakfast, I realized we didn't have a thing to do that day. The weather was beautiful, a high of 75!!! I asked Jonathan what he wanted to do. He replied - "Art Projects!!!" I said, "No, it's too pretty outside, lets go do something outside!!!" So he said, "I know, a soccer tournament!!!" And then it hit me, "THE ZOO!!!"

So off we went, Jonathan wasn't really excited, cause he really liked his idea of a soccer tournament...

I wish you could have seen Jonathan face as I exited the freeway and he saw the zoo's giraffe's statue!! He almost leaped out of his car seat, yelling "I wanna go there!!" I replied, "We are silly! This is the zoo." So he says, "OOOHHHHH, why didn't you say so???" UGH!

Penguins!

This Jeep is half out for us to sit in and half in the Cheetah exhibit! Last time the Cheetah came in the back of the Jeep, it was cool. This time he was no where to be seen! So the boys had fun just pretending to drive!  

A nice lady took our picture!

Jonathan really wanted to get on the elephants! Ben could take it or leave it! Jonathan is such a good big brother. I asked him to stand there and make sure Ben didn't fall! So he kept his hands on him and encouraged him to pretend it was a real elephant! Precious!  

Then it was J's turn! He wanted to ride on the big "Daddy" elephant! He was so excited!


We watched the elephants for a while and I told him to stand there so I could take a picture, and J kept turning around saying, "I need to tell you something..." So I said, "Okay, in a minute, just stay there..." But he kept persisting, then he ran to me and said, "But Momma, I don't want to look at that elephant anymore, he is pooping!" Oops! Sorry! I didn't realize I was capturing a private moment, and forcing my child to look at it! :)

And we finally arrived at our favorite exhibit! The Giraffes! Jonathan had just told me a few days ago that his favorite animal was giraffes! Which made me happy, it was also my mom's favorite animal! Plus, it's just a cool animal!

Ben is ready to feed the giraffes!

Jonathan is trying to entice him over to us!

There we go! Gross tongue close up! :)

Another very nice family who was enjoying watching my boys feed the giraffes offered to take some pictures of us! I was so thankful!!! I love how Jonathan is looking under to see the giraffe!

Ben didn't really like feeding him. He very quietly handed his leaf back to me and shook his head NO.

Sweet brothers, holding hands, looking at giraffes. Life couldn't be better!

I love this!

I love how close you can get to these beautiful beasts! We all stood there and stared at each other for a while. We were the only ones over there at the time so it was really nice and peaceful.

The zoo has built this amazing co-habitation behind the giraffe and elephants. They call it "The Giants of the Savanna"! I captured these 2 giraffes walking along and the elephant turned around and scared them and they began to turn and run away! It was awesome to witness! To the right they also have zebra and ostrich all living together with them!

We found the Cheetah! Ben said, "Woof, Woof!!!" 

We got on the Monorail! It was so fun! Both boys enjoyed it so much and paid attention to everything they saw! It was really neat!

The 3 of us on the monorail!

And to end our fun day at the zoo we took a ride on the carousel!

No comments:

Post a Comment