Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Top 10 Reasons I LOVE My New Mini-Van

Over the past weekend, we purchased a new family car!
A Toyota Sienna - AKA - the Mini-Van!!

I'll admit, just a little over a month ago when Michael and I seriously started talking about getting a bigger car...Michael mentioned the Mini-Van, I quickly said - "NO! Are you kidding?" Neither of us wanted to go super big, like Tahoe or Sequoia, although both are nice! I was thinking more along the lines of a Chevy Traverse, GMC Acadia or a Toyota 4Runner. It was between those 3 in my mind, I just had to land on one, and then convince Michael.
So, in my opinion, I did what my dad would have done. I researched and researched like crazy. I was up late almost every night for almost a month reading car websites. Everywhere I went I studied mom's in their cars. I asked friends how they were liking theirs...etc...I feel I did a full market analysis...and I had this nagging feeling that the Mini-Van was the right answer, not my original top 3 picks.
I noticed that 5 of the 12 mom's in my mom group at church have Mini-Van's. If you ask them, they say it was the BEST decision they ever made. I read an article on a reliable car website that basically said, If you are a suburban mom, don't buy (and they named one of my 3 choices), buy a Mini-Van.
So finally I decided it would be worth my while to look into this Mini-Van thing and just get it out of my system...but I never looked back...I fell in love with the Sienna. And I am so excited to have it in my driveway right now! I think it is THE BEST car decision I (we) have ever made!
But...there is still this 'stigma' on Mini-Vans. I hope that today, by telling you why I love mine so much, I might change your mind. And if I don't change your mind, that's okay, I still love it and will drive with pride! They are actually pretty darn cool. One of my friends that owns one said, "People who don't like Mini-Van's, have never been in a newer one." And she is so right. 


My Top 10 Reasons Why I LOVE My Toyota Sienna:

10) It's just so pretty.






9) Sunshades and Sunroofs!

I love having a Sunroof. I had one in my Rouge and I assumed I would have to get one without, but this model comes standard with a front row sunroof. The top of the line comes with 2 sunroofs, the second one being over the second row.

Most Mini-Van's these days come with a built-in Sunshade. Isn't that cool? It pulls up from the door and hooks up top, so when you roll down your window, the shade retracts with the window. I keep them up all the time to help with the heat even when we aren't in the car. They are on the 3rd row seats too. - Also, look how gigantic the window is!!! Jonathan loves it!

This is what it looks like when it isn't in use.


8) Navigation System.


We opted to upgrade to the Navigation Package, not because I need a map, but all the technology that comes with it! This is the home screen. It's touch and voice activated and oh so cool! I could go on and on about this, but you can see the options it gives me.

7) The 3rd Row!!! One of the 3 major problems with my previous car had was that there wasn't enough seating for even a 5th person to join us! We were so limited in space! So I am happy to say that I am now open for car-pooling! :)

3rd Row!!! (I have the boys chairs pushed back as far as they can go, so if I moved them up, there would be even more space for the 3rd row legs.

Me sitting on the 3rd row...very comfortable!


6) SPACE!!!! To go along with the above #7, we just needed MORE SPACE! After our trip to Florida earlier this summer we realized we just didn't fit in the Rouge! I have so much space with my Mini-Van, I just don't know what to do!!! But Michael says, I'll find a way to fill all the space! ;)

The back with the 3rd row down.

The back with the 3rd row UP.

I love that the boys have space to walk around inside.


5) Back Up Camera! I know a lot of cars come equip with these nowa days. But it's new to me and Michael and we LOVE it!

There is the camera on the rear of the car.

I ran out real quick to get a night view of it! The view feed pops up on my navigation screen! It will come in so handy with all these places that we go to with kids running around the parking lots!!! This one of the main reasons with sprung for the navigation package!

4) Buttons and Technology!
Some of the ones not seen, there is a USB port, 3 12 volt plug ins. Also I have Blue tooth through the radio.
Push start engine...

Push automatic close tailgate...

Rear Vent Window - Push/Pull Buttons. Road Traction Buttons. Back up Sonar Button...Yes, Please!

ALL AUTO WINDOWS! I'm in LOVE! It's the little things right?

3) Cup Holders and Air Vents. Besides space and seating. Another MAJOR reason I got rid of the Rouge, NO BACK SEAT AIR VENTS! In this Texas heat, it is just not cool to make my poor kids sit back there with no direct AC on their sweet faces! You can see a picture of one of the back seat vents and control panel under #9!

This car literally has 14 cup holders! Seriously. 14. These 2 at the bottom of the picture actually light up at night. (Also, that space below is for my purse!)


2) What I call "Mommy Central".
This little area here has buttons that can OPEN AND CLOSE the sliding doors and the back tailgate. Not to mention the sunroof. BUT it also has what I call "The Mommy Mirror". It doubles as my sunglasses holder, but it is a convex mirror that allows me to see EVERYTHING going on behind me! Even if I am in the passenger seat! I can't tell you how convenient the door open/close thing is going to come in handy once the boys go to school and there is curb side drop off and pick up!





1) The Drive!

The number one reason I love it, is how it drives. It is so smooth and luxurious. That is just the only way I know how to describe it. It is a V6 vs. my previous was a V4. It absorbs every bump, I have not seen the kids heads bobble around at all (which is a big deal!) I love to drive it and I can't wait to drive it again.

1 comment: