Monday, August 13, 2012

Painting with a Twist

It's that time of year again. My Birthday. I love Birthdays. Always will, no matter how old I get!
So Amy and I started off the celebrating a week early with a girl's night at a place called "Painting with a Twist". I have always wanted to go here! It is a place that you can go in one evening paint one painting from beginning to end. They provide the paint, canvas, brushes and a friendly instructor. The twist is that you can bring your own beverage. So Amy and I brought some wine.
My mom and I have taken similar classes at my local community center, minus the wine part. I really enjoy the "do it in one class" part.
I looked up this site about a month ago and saw that the Grapevine location had a version of a Van Gogh painting, Stary Night in the Swap, on Aug 10th. I love Van Gogh! Especially Stary Night! So Amy and I booked it! I was really looking forward to it!!
We had a blast! I am pleased with my painting and we have plans to go again soon!!! Here is a link to the place: http://www.paintingwithatwist.com/

Getting started! - Hey, we kind of look alike...

The screen behind Amy just shows a larger version of what our instructor was doing.

Ignore the guy yawning behind us...it was a blast!!

To the top right is where the instructor taught.

This is my painting after the first break. (not sure why this picture is so yellow)

My painting after the second break.
My final painting. I don't hate it. It doesn't look like the Van Gogh, but that's okay.


Our final products!


The sweet nest necklace Amy made me.

Thank you Amy!!! I had an awesome Birthday with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment