Sunday, January 1, 2012

Simple Elegance

Back at the beginning of December I co-hosted a table at our churches annual 'Simple Elegance'. It is a fun event for women to support The Women's Ministries. There are about 50 tables that are adopted and decorated by different groups within the church. The "Caring Christian Mom's" group that I am apart of adopted a table and my friend Lisa and I co-hosted together. We choose our theme and decorate the table how ever we would like. Some tables are more simple and others are not! As a hostess, we are also responsible for providing a dessert too. It is an evening event with dessert and coffee. The ladies arrive, meet and greet, then tour all the tables, sit and eat desserts and drink coffee and then there is a brief message given. I really enjoyed it and just had to share not only our table, but all the others that were so neat!


Our tables theme was "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". Lisa collects this theme already and I had the book and stuffed animal. We actually didn't spend a lot of money at all, which was so nice! I think I spent $15, including the dessert I made!

I have to give Lisa a lot, if not all of the credit. She envisioned Mt. Crumpit after last years event and saved this large Styrofoam block. She carved the block into the mountain and then wrapped it with batting.

The dessert I made. I was very happy with the results!

Our dessert plates for our table!

Lisa and me!

This was my seat. Notice the Who's around the base of the tree, again, Lisa's handy work. The china, including the white plates, coffee mugs and glass goblets are mine. ;)

Close up of Mr. Grinch.


And here are some of the other tables that I liked...



















1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I love your table! The mountain is awesome. Sounds like a fun event! :)

    ReplyDelete