Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Eve with The Day's

This year we went to The Day's house for Christmas Eve. Amy made a super yummy lunch with ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, watergate salad, and rolls...it was all so good!
After lunch Waylen and Michael headed out to the Dallas Cowboy game! Amy and Waylen have season tickets and instead of missing the game, they offered for Michael to go in Amy's place and it worked out perfectly!! The only problem was, the Cowboys lost!! :(
While the guys were at the game, Amy and I stayed at their house with the kids! We made cookies for Santa, watched movies, some of the kids napped (everyone but Jonathan), and played!
The guys got home and Amy made us ham sandwiches and then we dug into the presents!!! It's fun to have our kids in such close ages! Both Jonathan and Scarlet loved opening the wrapping paper, handing out the gifts, both just loved being involved with all of it!
This year we were a little crafty with our gifts and I quickly figured out that Amy has much better skills at this stuff than me! She did such awesome work! She made me a beautiful blanket out of mom and dad's t-shirts! I love it so much! She also made Jonathan a Dallas Cowboys tool belt and both the boys a growth chart!! She is very crafty indeed! Thank you sister! And thank you to the Day's for having us over for such a wonderful Christmas!!





The baby boys playing.

The older boys watching one of the many football games.


The table is set!

Amy got the kids goodie bags!

Sorry Amy, this is not the best pic, but it's the ONLY one of us!

The kids hard at work "making" cookies for Santa!

Scarlet: "Can I eat this??" and then she did.
Jonathan: then proceeds to have a little meltdown, "NOOOO, NOOOO, these are for SANTA!!! You can't eat the cookies!!!!"
...Fun times.


Now we are coloring a picture for Santa!

Michael and his baby boy.

Waylen and his baby boy.

Getting started on opening gifts!

Dinosaur mittens!!! Thank you aunt Amy for making these!

We got Scarlet new Sunglasses!!

They got Ben that green walker, so Scarlet demonstrated how to use it...I think Ben is like yeah, yeah, just give it to me!! I love how all the kids are mesmerized by it!

Jonathan is explaining the Veggie Tales Noah's Ark that he helped pick out for Scarlet! I LOVE his hand gestures!

Amy got both dad's the Book set "Tickle Monster!" Waylen putting them to immediate use!

Tickle Monster!!!

Jonathan LOVED his tool belt! Thanks aunt Amy! He went around the room hammering everything.

The amazing T-Shirt blanket Amy made from Mom and Dad's T-Shirts. I love it!

Just bring silly at the end of our fun filled day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment