For those of you who haven't been to our house, we have a lovely 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 living, 2 dinning 1972 home. Michael and I both fell in love with this place the second we walked in. We have lived here for 4.5 years. When we moved in we decided to use the biggest of the 2 "kid's" bedrooms to be our office/study. We both have huge desks, we both have our own computers, we turned one wall into our library...etc...so it made sense for us to have the bigger room and keep the smaller room for guests.
When we got pregnant with Jonathan, it was an easy transition to make the guest room the nursery. Even though it was the smaller room, it was closer to our bedroom, which I loved.
After Jonathan was born, as most of you know, our lives were turned upside down. Besides having a new child, we had everything going on with my mom, then my dad, then we had to move everything out of my parents house...well, needless to say the office became the dumping ground for things we didn't know what to do with. And over time, it got ugly. So as you can see, when I got pregnant, I would have much rather left that room alone and added on, then try to figure out what to do with all that stuff...but that is not what we decided after all. Months and months of working on that room, we finally got the whole thing cleaned out this past weekend. It was an awesome feeling. It wasn't just moving stuff out of a room, it was a ripple effect...We moved my office desk into the formal living area, something I really didn't want to do to begin with, but now I really like it! But, we had to reorganize the formal living area first....etc. Then we had to clean out our garage completely. I bought a bunch of 70 quart tubs from Target and started organizing. My belongings have never been more organized. It's just an awesome, awesome feeling. We have had to live with our house in transition for a while, so it is so nice to have the clean feeling back! Yeah!
I knew this day would come, I just didn't want to think about it. We have been lucky, Jonathan is NOT a climber. Almost everyone I talk to is surprised that Jonathan hasn't tried to escape his crib. But no, he loved his crib. Michael and I were scared to make the transition because of that.
When we knew we were almost done with the room a couple of weeks ago, we went furniture shopping! But we didn't have much luck. We didn't really care for what was out there. If we liked the style, then it is was the quality that we didn't like or vice versa. I was disappointed, since I thought this would be the fun easy part! Then a friend told me about this place that has 'factory direct prices', so we gave it a shot. I really liked a set in one of their catalogs, so we ordered it and got a great deal. They just delivered it yesterday, Sunday, Feb 20th.
It arrived during Jonathan's nap, and thankfully, despite all the noise, he stayed asleep. Michael and I were able to quickly make the bed, put down his new rug and make some minor adjustments before he woke up. Once he woke up, we took him in there and told him it was his new room. His first reaction wasn't the best, but it only took a few moments for him to change his tune. Now, he has really only left his room to eat and take a bath! Ha!
He went down in his new bed better than we could have imagined. The only problem was, he didn't sleep immediately. We put him down at 8:00 and I didn't hear him stop moving around until around 11:00! But the good thing was, he stayed in his bed the whole time. We were afraid of him getting out of bed and playing. Even this morning when he woke up, he waited for me to come in, then he asked if he could get down. Ha! That made me smile! I know it won't last long either.
So in summation, the new room seems to be a success! I hope it stays that way once his new little brother moves into his old room. :) Both boy's rooms are still a little in transition with some final touches and pictures to be hung...etc. But he are some pictures of yesterday!
| His cool new rug that is a city scape that he can drive his cars around! He and Michael played for hours last night on it! |
| More playing! The bed is a trundle! Something I had my heart set on. So now, he can have friends spend the night! |
| Story time. This is when I got choked up. I didn't cry. But it was a lovely memory...our big boy is growing up. |
| We got 3 new pieces. The bed, which is a trundle, the night stand and the tall dresser. We are very pleased. |
No comments:
Post a Comment