Saturday, August 3, 2013

Date Nights

I don't know about you, but I don't remember my parents going on many date nights when I was a kid. Maybe it's because I wasn't actually with them? I remember having babysitters. I loved going with mom to help pick up the sitter! So I guess they did go out??... Well when Michael and I have been on date nights recently, I have snapped a picture of us so we can remember that we actually did go out, ALONE and have fun! -- So this post is for Jonathan and Ben to know that we did go on dates! :-)

When you have young kids, it makes a little bit harder to get out on a date (well at least for us it is). Finding a babysitter that you trust is the biggest thing, and then one you can afford is another thing! Ha! We hired our very first non-family-member when Ben was 1 1/5!!! That made Jonathan 4 1/5!! In other words, we relied on family to babysit for 4 1/2 years! We are so thankful to the family members that did help out to let us get out once and a while. Pat, Olga, Anna Marie, Amy, Holly & Jim!!

Even in that 4 1/2 years, we would only really go out on Birthday, Anniversary's and maybe Valentines Day. In other words, 3-5 times a year. So once we took the step to find someone and it worked out good, we continued to try to get out at least once a month, give or take! ...I highly recommend it for ALL couples, but especially parents of young kids! It has been lots of fun! Michael and I always have a blast together!

We are at my cousin Justin's wedding reception in Fort Worth. It was a very fun night with family. Since we would be gone later than the boys bedtime, we asked Anna Marie to sit with the kids, since I hadn't let anyone else put Ben down before.

Our anniversary last year (2012) at the Arboretum in Dallas. Pat took care of the kids so we could get away for the afternoon!


At Bass Hall waiting to go see Brian Regan preform.

Star Trek Into Darkness in 3D!!! Pat took care of the kids so we could go see a movie! And an awesome movie it was!

Date Lunch! During one of the days I took the boys to Day School. I drove to Dallas to pick Michael up for lunch! We went to Campisi's on Mockingbird, our favorite place to have lunch! We always build our own pizza...Meatballs, Artichokes and Mushrooms, it is very yummy!

At Sweet Sammie's in Fort Worth, after dinner at Fireside Pies. Next stop, Brian Regan show at Bass Hall! We are sharing a brownie sundae. Another late night, so we asked Anna Marie to sit with the kids.

My 33rd Birthday (2012). At Silver Fox in Grapevine. We had an AMAZING dinner there! But there were flash floods outside!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome idea for a post. I may have to steal it. :) We get to go out quite a bit, but shame on me for not taking very many pictures. Thanks to you we are going to start doing that!!

    ReplyDelete