Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Art Fest

I didn't realize when I decided to have the boys joint Birthday party on April 20, that it would be only 2 days before Art Fest. Art Fest is our Pre-School's largest fundraiser, and since I was the PTC Co-Chair, that meant, I had lots of responsibilities that evening and leading up to that evening.

Kathryn, my Co-Chair and I put together 38 centerpieces on Tuesday for the event on Thursday night. The AC in the church building was out that day...I wasn't a pretty sight, but the centerpieces turned out cute!

One of the PTC's biggest fundraisers is collecting donated Soda's and selling them for $.50 at Art Fest. (Chick-Fil-A dinner is included with your ticket) So Kathryn and I were busy collecting the soda's and then setting them up. And then selling them during the event. It went pretty well, we made $210!! We were excited about that!

When I wasn't working on Art Fest and PTC things, I was planning, cooking, cleaning and prepping for the largest party I have ever thrown at my home! Sigh. It was all worth it though. It was a couple of fun weeks.

I peeked in on Jonathan in class while I was working up at the school one day that week. He never saw me. He is laughing with his class mate Taryn. I love his teacher, Mrs. Teitjen.

Now one with him where he is paying attention. :) Mrs. Teitjen is playing a game were she draws something and the kids guess what it is, but she keeps drawing and it the original object turns into something completely different. It was cool to watch the kids get so excited about it.

That same week Jonathan painted this and gave it to me. It is the most beautiful yellow flower I have ever seen.

In prep for the party, we had to go get hair cuts! You know I am crazy about their hair! ;) So we went to get yogurt next to the hair cut place.

I love this face.

The next day at school we celebrated Jonathan's birthday with his class. I brought cookies for all the kids. Jonathan had a great time. I brought Ben, and it was so funny, when we arrived, Ben had something to tell Jonathan...I don't know what it was, but I snapped a photo of him having a serious talk!

All the kids love Ben!

And these brothers love each other!
***I do have cute video's of both Jonathan's class singing /dancing for his Birthday and of Jonathan's performance below, but my YouTube isn't connecting with my blog anymore. I don't know how to fix it. So when I do, I will load them! 

Jonathan on stage at Art Fest right after he sang, "I love you Lord". It was such a great performance, it brought tears to my eyes!

Love that Jonathan!

This is Jonathan's class project that they auctioned off that night. I WON IT! I am very excited. I thought it would be a great memento for Jonathan and he loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment