Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring Break 2013 - Mountain Climbing

On our driving tour around Las Cruces, we went as close to the Organ Mountains as we could! I love these mountains, they are so pretty. Jonathan and Ben have never seen mountains like this, so I was hoping for an oppourtunty for Jonathan to get out and explore a little. Thankfully we were able to! Ben had fallen asleep, so Michael and Grandma stayed with Ben and parked at the base of the trail and Jonathan and I went "mountain climbing"...okay more like, we walked up a steep hill. But we had fun!

This was as close as we could get to the Organ Mountains.

I'm following Jonthan up the mountain. He has a rock collection, so we had fun collecting all sorts of rocks on our way up.



This was as high as we went! I told him to go over there and say, "I'M THE KING OF THE MOUNTAIN!"

Us on our way down!

There is the rest of the mountain...there was a ways to go to get all the way to the top!

The info board.

And the map.

Walking over the bridge to get back to the car.

Looking back at the mountains as we drove away...

1 comment:

  1. I know, our kids haven't really seen mountains much, either. I kept pointing them out in EP and LC. Last time they got to go on a hike, but I was really hoping this time we could. J looks like he had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete