I wanted my boys to know El Paso/Las Cruces and at least have a memory of visiting family there. So I am very happy that we were able to go and we had such an AMAZING TIME! Thank you so much to all of my family for making us feel so welcomed and loved! Jonathan has already been talking about his return trip!
I took 1,200 photos of our 5 day trip! So it has taken me a little while to sort through them and organize them. I have sorted them into groups! First up is the trip in the car! It actually wasn't too bad. We had to make lots of potty stops which turned a 10 hour trip into a 12 hour trip both ways. But as long as everyone was "comfortable" we had happy passengers!
One thing I NEVER had on my childhood annual road trip to El Paso, a DVD player. We debated on whether or not to get one, but to be honest, I am SO GLAD we did. I know that it is the reason we had a good trip in the car! Madagascar 3, aka "Afro Circus" at our home, was the movie of choice.
In addition to movie time, we also did other fun things in the car. I used Pinterest.com to find some fun things to do to help the kids (and us) not go crazy!
| I made the boys "binoculars" out of toilet paper rolls and duck tape, so they could spy things on the road. A fun thing from Pinterest. |
| They look deceivingly small from far away, but up close they are MASSIVE! |
| I learned from our road trip to Florida last summer that the night time in the car is the worst! I found on Pinterest of course, to bring glow sticks! The kids loved it! |
| It's drawing time, and Jonathan has drawn about what he has learned at school recently, Hibernation - this is a squirrel hibernating underground. I thought it was super cool. |
| As we got close to El Paso, we stopped in Horizon City. My father had purchased 3 lots of land here almost 20 years ago. Amy and I now own it, so I wanted to show Michael. |
| This is pretty much it...nothing happening just yet. But hey, we own that! ;-) |
| The boys loved staying in a hotel! |
| When we were in El Paso, we stopped to visit my Granny and Grandpa at the cemetery. |
| We had such a great time on our trip!!!! This is on the way home and they are CRASHED out! |
No comments:
Post a Comment