Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring Break 2013 - Fun Day with Grandma!

On Monday of our trip we decided to take a more laid back approach and the four of us hung out with Great-Grandma all day! We had breakfast, she took us on a driving tour of Las Cruces, hung out at Great-Grandma's house, went shopping at Old Mesilla and the a super yummy dinner with the family! It was a great day!

Jonathan and I went for a walk around Great-Grandma's retirement community. This is in front of her house.

Breakfast with Great-Grandma at Cracker Barrel!


This is by the pool at the main hall at the retirement village. Jonathan liked climbing on the rocks. It was too cold to go swimming right then, so he has plans to come back in the summer to swim there! :-)

Outside the main hall at the retirement village, Jonathan and I liked these rocks, wheels and cactus flowers! He was sweet enough to pose for me!

This is another painting that my mom painted.


Ben made himself comfortable on Great-Grandma's bed!

Very generously, Grandma gave me one of the paintings my mom did! I love it and treasure it! Thank you Grandma!

Jonathan really liked the bell.

Latter in the afternoon, we went to Old Mesilla. An old square close to my Grandma's home. This was a very colorful and cool shop. I loved shopping around the square! Lots of fun things to look at! 

The boys dancing, to the tune in their heads. The Basilica in the background is my Grandma's church.

This is in the main square too! Interesting!

Back at Grandma's, she spoiled the kids with ice cream cones!! Yum!

Jonathan is hoovering over Ben, cleaning him up! So sweet!

That evening, we met up for dinner at Si Senor's with a lot of the family. This place is an amazing Mexican restaurant! Jonathan and Jaden were happy to be together again!!
We will bring Jonathan back to swim, if Michael and I can eat here again!! :) In other words, we liked it a lot!

My Aunt Susan, my cousin Angela, my husband Michael, and my aunt Maureen (That is Grandma's arm!)

Aunt Mary and Ben had a fun time at their end of the table!
 
Poor Mary didn't eat at all, she was so busy with Ben! But I know they both had a good time!

 My Grandma and me! We had such a great visit! I appreciate all her, and my family's hospitality!

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Old Mesilla is fun! I am so glad you guys got so much time with grandma! :)

    ReplyDelete