Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Best Buddies

I've said it before, and I am sure that I will say it many, many more times - at least I hope - my boys LOVE each other! They are best buds! They love to play together. They watch out for each other. They entertain each other. It is so special and sweet! I love that they have each other and I hope, hope, hope it stays like this!  

Jonathan has recently become fixated on he and Ben sleeping in the same room/bed together at night and then they can have the other room as a play room. Michael and I are not ready for Ben to be in a big boy bed just yet, he is only 21 months! So we told him when the time comes for Ben to have a big boy bed we will talk about that as an option! Whether it happens or not, I am still a proud momma of my too super sweet boys!

Over the last couple of months the boys have started "rough housing". I know that I am supposed to just let it happen, but it's really hard for me to not say anything. The funny thing is, that it is usually Ben as the aggressor. He will come up and tackle Jonathan!!

The boys play together very nicely usually in Jonathan's room every day. And when friends come over, usually Jonathan's friends, Ben is right there with them. I have asked Jonathan if he wants Ben to leave him and his friend alone and he looks at me confused and says, "No, I love playing with my brother!"

When either of the boys are upset or crying, they both comfort each other. Just the other day, Jonathan was crying and Ben was in the other room. Ben came running down the hall, pushed me out of the way, saying, "JJ, JJ, JJ, JJ???" And when Ben got to JJ he said, "JJ you o-chay?" And they hugged...Jonathan said, "Yes, Ben, I'm okay." And whatever it was that JJ was upset about, he was all better now. A moment I will never forget!

On the days that Jonathan is at school, Ben will ask me constantly, "where JJ go?" And when we pick JJ up from school, they run and hug each other! Oh it just melts my heart!

I am truly cherishing these moments. I feel all too soon everything is going to change. Jonathan will be going to school! No more 3 Amigos! Hopefully it won't change too much!

I am so lucky to have two super sweet, fun and happy boys!

Here are some "Best Bud" photos from the last few months...

Ready for rain!

Watching out back.

(not the greatest picture) JJ climbs into Ben's crib every morning! It is fun to listen to them on the monitor!

This pic cracks me up! (Ben's boots are on the wrong feet! He put them on himself)


Don't ask...

Bundled up!

Racing! They will race any time, any place.

Okay, I'll tell you. It's "Belly" Racing. Rules: Lift your shirt up and run!
(Look how much taller J is!!)

Swinging!

Feeding Ducks!

Ready for Combat!

Sweet boys had been sick and are all better now! (I made them their matching initial shirts!)


No comments:

Post a Comment