This past week both boys have been sick so we have laid low for most of the week. I was definitely ready to go to the Fair and I was praying hard Friday night that the boys would be well enough to go! And much to my delight, Ben slept through the night, 8 whole hours, something he has done just a few times in his 5 months. Yeah Ben! So that told me that his ears must be feeling better. Jonathan woke up looking great and running around, laughing and wanting to eat...all good signs! So we decided to go ahead and go! Yeah!
We had a great time! It was super crowded, but that was expected. Having 2 boys vs. just Jonathan wasn't much different. We took the new jumbo stroller and it was awesome. Ben is such a laid back, patient kid, that he just hung out the whole time, not really a peep from him! Jonathan is fun to go with, because everything is cool to him and he wants to see and do everything! It's so much fun! I was more distracted by watching both of them to see if I saw any signs of them being sick. I didn't detect any further sickness, thank goodness, but we were all pretty pooped when we left and we were only there for 4 hours!
We were talking/laughing at the fact that in all the years we have gone, we always do the exact same thing...we take the same route, visit the same places, eat the same things and go home. Today was no different, but we promised ourselves we would do something different...one of these years!
Our usual stops are; the Car Exhibit, Corn Dogs, Something Fried, Something Sweet, the livestock, the petting zoo, the midway and home (give or take a few pit stops in between!). So my pictures will reflect as much! If you have any suggestions on new things we need to add to our next trip, please let me know!
| Getting started! The boys in their stroller! |
| Jonathan's driving! Look out! |
| Role reversal? They are in the GMC Terrain, the car I really, really wanted last year. |
| I had to jump in! I will own one of these (probably an older model) before I die! |
| My boys in a Vet. |
| Poor Ben was still stuck in the stroller, but he was cool to just chew on that strap. :) |
| My favorite part of the Auto show, the concept cars! This was awesome, Chevy Stingray! |
| Incredibly cool! And old Mustang converted into a Pool table! |
| Fried Brownies! Super Yum! |
| Mounted Officers |
| When I look at this photo, a song pops in my head... 'Get your motor running...Head out on the highway...' (He claims this ride was his favorite part of the day!) |
| AAAA! I didn't see him there. Attack of the Longhorn! And right after this, J walked up and put his hand in this big guys face! I couldn't believe it! I pulled J away just in time and we moved away. |
| Poor guy, someone please come eat from his sweet little hand?? |
| Crazy Camel |
| The highlight for me, I have never seen a Porcupine in person before! I had no idea what it was when I first saw it! |
| He even tried to feed the Turtle! |
| He turned to me and said, "That's a BIG Pig!" |
| This made me laugh! |
| FINALLY! A baby goat ate from my baby! |
Love it! We need to do this one year. The brownie things looked pretty good! I am glad J finally got to feed something... ;)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great day, and makes me want a baby goat again!
ReplyDelete