Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Day Out With Thomas the Train

Something fun I have been looking forward to doing with Jonathan, as soon as he was old enough, was going to see Thomas the Train. He only comes into town once a year (I believe that he travels all over the US). 
Jonathan LOVES Thomas the Train...we read Thomas books almost exclusively now. So we knew it was time to take him! I was also happy it worked out that we could go as our little family of 3 for the last time to do something fun, you know, before things change for a while! :)
We all had so much fun! Jonathan very much enjoyed his first train ride! We were VERY surprised by how many people were there. It was a bit crazy! But, despite the crowds and that it was a little hotter than expected, we had a blast. Here are some photo's and video's of our day.





Cool Train Display
While waiting in line...Jonathan made a new friend. :)


 Thomas approaching the train station! It was very exciting. I ruined the video by turning it on it's side...sorry! I was trying to get both Jonathan and Thomas in the shot and I wasn't thinking! Oh well!



Very nice people working there!

So excited to be on the train!




 
On the train!




He was very excited about his certificate. Okay, it might not look like it in the photo, but he really was. :)





Leaving the train.

Thomas from the side!

Yeah! We finally got to see him up close!

 Sir Topham Hatt, kind of a weird costume. I think Jonathan was a little weirded out by him.


Bye-Bye Thomas!

1 comment:

  1. Yea! That's so fun! Can't wait to do that with O some in the next few years! Hope this helped some of the train trauma from the last trip! =)

    ReplyDelete