Amy was actually due on 2/5/11. But due to the fact that she and I both have pelvic bones that don't allow our poor children to descend naturally, she was scheduled to have a C-Section on 1/31/11. For the past month or so Amy has had false contractions. On Friday night, 1/14, she and Waylen went up to the hospital with thoughts that she might be in labor, but were sent home after a couple of hours. - This might be a good time to mention that Amy told me weeks earlier that she really wanted to go into labor prior to the 31st, mainly because she wanted to know that Will was ready to come out, and not being forced out.
That brings me to Sunday night, Waylen's Birthday party with the family (His actual Birthday was 1/18). Cindy made spicy Mexican food and everyone had a good time. By 11:00 pm that night Amy was having contractions again. She decided to let Waylen sleep while she timed them and called the doctor. Around 3:00 am, the contractions were so close together that the doctor advised that she come into the hospital. So she woke Waylen and Scarlet, they took Scarlet to Cindy and Wade's, and they headed to the hospital. They arrived around 4:15 am, her contractions were a minute apart and she wasn't dilated at all! So all I know after that is...I got a phone call at 6:28 am from a very calm Amy saying, "I'm going to have a C-Section in an hour." -- I was like WHAT????
Thankfully she called when she had, Michael was still home, he usually leaves around 6:30 am for work. He had already offered to stay home so I could be with her on the 31st, so he quickly called into work and I quickly got ready and ran out the door! I arrived at the hospital 15 minutes before he arrived! So thank you so much to my wonderful husband for letting me share that day with Amy and Waylen!
As Cindy, Jennifer Day (Amy's sister-in-law) and I sat in the waiting room Amy's doctor came by to tell us the good news that all was good and both mom and baby were perfect! We were happy! But, we still had to wait a good while to see Amy and Waylen. Then when we saw them we learned that Will had been taken to the NICU. It was scary to hear since Scarlet had been taken to the NICU and they kept her there for 2 days. The good news was we learned soon that Will was doing good and they probably won't keep him long and we would see him in an hour or so...it was 3 hours later, but who is counting??? (totally sarcastic, we were staring at the clock).
They took him to the NICU because he was 3 weeks early, he had some mild breathing issues and things of that sort. All were worked out quickly. Yeah!
In the mean time, Amy was doing wonderfully! I was so proud of her. Once her med's from surgery began to wear off, she was more mobile and ready to start walking! She walked around 12 hours after major surgery! I'm impressed!
The big bummer of the whole thing is that Scarlet is not feeling well at ALL!!! Cindy took Scarlet to the doctor on Monday and was told she had a sinus infection, but the med's from that are making her even more sick. It's been hard on Amy to be apart from her for so long. She has only seen her a couple of times since Will was born. We are hoping and praying that Scarlet is well soon!
Also, fingers crossed, Amy and Will might be able to go home today! They have already been given their release papers, but are waiting for Will to get circumcised. Hoping all goes well so they can be home tonight!
Here are some of my pictures from the past 2 days!
Official Stats:
Clyde William Day - will go by Will.
Born: 1/17/11 at 8:00 am
7 lbs, 3 oz, 20" long
| Only Seconds Old |
| Amy seeing Will for the first time. |
| Momma and baby. |
| Proud Daddy! |
| First Family Photo, minus Scarlet of course. |
| Will in the NICU. |
| First Kiss from Momma. |
| Daddy and his little buddy. |
| Gumball (Cindy) and Will |
| Proud Aunt Julie with Will...blurry pic. |
| I love this one! |
| Just sweetness. |
| His first 'dress-up' in his monkey PJ's! |
| Day 2 - Eye's wide open! |
| Holly, Jim, Michael and Jonathan got to meet Will. |
| First time with his pacifier and it's almost as big as his face! :) |
| I think he's laughing...he and I will have ton's of fun together! |
Super glad Michael could take off so you could be there! I know it meant a lot to Amy. He is so sweet and I know you are even more anxious to meet Ben. :)
ReplyDeleteOh what a handsome boy! I cannot wait to meet him! Congratulations to the new family! Congratulations to you too Julie! I'm so thrilled for you all!
ReplyDelete