Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today mom would have been 59 years old. I was thinking...how do I want to commemorate today? I had a few idea's, but my mind kept going back to her birthday in 2008. It was so much fun. It was just Mom, Amy and I all day...Amy and I surprised her with a day of fun in Southlake...lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, a surprise cookie cake at Nestle Toll House, shopping, shopping, shopping and then dinner at JR's Steakhouse with the husbands. It was a perfect day. Nothing went wrong, everywhere we went people were nice and pampered us. I can't think of a single bad thing about that day. It was also nice, because I knew mom really enjoyed it too, and that is what really matters!
To quote one of Mom, Amy and my favorite movies, "An Affair to Remember" (1957), "Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories..."
This memory keeps me very warm on this very cold day.

Happy Birthday Mom!






(I was about 6 months pregnant with Jonathan, about how far along I am now with Ben!)



2 comments: